INEVITABLE REFORM



I had a festering sore which I got from our play ground as a kid. I hid it from my mother just trying to avoid the pains of the hot water being used to dress the wounds.

Some days later, I felt uneasy with the aches of the wounds, while the house flies seriously worried me.

So my mother noticed my funny limping walks and asked whats wrong with me. I couldn't utter a word but she saw me trying to drive the stubborn flies away and surmise that I had a sore.

Hmmm! The trouble I went through to get the sore healed was not a pleasant one though but I am happy the wound healed and I can now walk freely. The scares are only there to remind me of these episodes, and drive home the idea that though inevitable reform and discipline helps a lot. 

From the fallout of Anas Aremeyaw Anas' exposure of corruption in our judiciary; from the  arguments for or  against; from the  statements and injunctions on whether to show or not to show the footage, could just be liken to the above narrative of me not wanting my mother to see my wounds and for that matter dress it. You can also say that nobody sent me on the play ground to play but the fact that I take delight  to play, I should have that same courage to see to it that my wounds were dressed and tendered.

Sometimes, we just need to humbly acknowledge that we are all fallible and prone to err in our duties. This is not to say we shouldn't stop working but should help us humbly reflect on ways to ensure authentic reforms that will help serve our country better.
Yes we need to get a fair hearing of those implicated in the scandal but recognizing the need for institutional reforms which are inevitable and carrying them out should be our focus, if not we might create the tendency that justice could be bought by the rich or affluent and end up making these institutions irrelevant as well as increase mob action in our society which is caused by mistrust in our criminal justice system. 

May God help us to humbly acknowledge our shortcomings, be ready and willing to work on them in order to better serve the people.

Have a wonderful  weekend. Remain Blessed. 🌞#KYB Sign#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Rush

A Valuable Duty

Nine Facts About September