TO MY FIRST GIRLFRIEND.


I didn't have the choice to even choose you in the beginning.

I didn't have a say in you keeping me for nine months.
I didn't have the privileged of being consulted by you and the handsome young man in my conception.
I didn't know the 'wahala' you both went through by keeping me for all those days of months.
I didn't know the uncomfortable posture you've adopted to keep me safe.
I didn't know the funny feelings you had just to see my nativity in the Village Republic.

But all know is that God chose us for a purpose.

All I know is that you're the gateway to my being on earth.

All I know is that I entered this space through your benevolence in partnering with the young handsome man and God to co-create me.

All I know is that you nursed me to walk and talk.

All I know is that your kitchen never lacked good meals that I fed on. 

All I know is that you cared but never pampered my naughty ways.

All I know is that you were determined to give me the best, even from your meagre resources.

All I know is that you never spared me when I misbehaved but cared to protect me from those bullies of yesteryear.

All I know is your undying affection for me, even when I didn't care much about how I affected you.

All I know is your candid way of getting me to talk even when I wasn't in the mood.

All I know is your efforts to make me smile, after those after-church disagreements and petty squabbles we had.

All I know is a hardworking girlfriend who still touches the sick in a special way.

All I know are the sacrifices you made for me, even when the mischievous adrenaline jolted me to cause troubles in school and in the village.

All I know is your endurance when other parents insulted you for permitting me to ask those unreasonable questions I asked or for daring to discipline their wards.

All I know is your resolve and tact to get me to school, even when I didn't like your forceful approach in getting me to learn.

All I know is the prayers of a  woman, who keeps encouraging me to be hopeful and persevere in life.

All I know is your genuine concern and love for neighbour that thought me the value of caring.

All I know is the name of a resilient girlfriend who brings a lively energy and vitality to all her endeavours.

What else can I say than thank God for your life?
What else can I say but thank you for being who you're to me?
What else can I say than sing a song for you?

I remember you in my prayers today as you mark this milestone.
I remember you for all you've been to me.
And I celebrate you for being my first girlfriend. 'Lekwaa ooo Akosua! Atibluku onuo lelor na utor nkpa joorlor'. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA) 

Signed
Akosuakosi
10/11/2015
10:35 GMT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Rush

A Valuable Duty

Nine Facts About September