Behind the close door

While on admission at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital sometime in March 1998, curiosity got the better part of me. So a friend and I decided to open this door adjacent the theatre, which is always closed. Though my friend quickly slammed the door, I was stunned by what I saw that day. They were remains of both young and old people, as well as all class of human beings. I knew then that I could be one of them. Looking at their state, as they lay there naked, wearing only panties, I rhetorically ask myself, so where are we heading with our greed, excessive love for material things, hatred for one another and all the things we do to preserve ourselves or secure our immediate gratification? Realising that we one day die and living behind all our possessions, I think we seriously need to soberly reflect on our lives, see how best we can adjust in every situation and be good people. Be Blessed 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Rush

A Valuable Duty

Nine Facts About September